Tuesday, January 30, 2007

i will wear purple

weeks ago these women were walking in front of me, arm in arm. they were polish, maybe, speaking in thick accents. i walked behind them for a few blocks. i loved them, for really no other reason than the fact they seemed to be facing the world together.

a friend was recently telling me how many women he's noticed ya-ya-ing up. i wonder why there is a surge for this: is it something positive like female/all friendships continuing to be a source of positivity and strength, something just wonderful like they're older, happy lesbos, or something negative like their counterparted dudes dying too young?

i hope they were just on a stroll and their lives are happs.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Dare said...

I loves me my girlfriends. I never laugh harder or feel more at home than when we're hanging out. I'm glad the trend is moving toward women sticking together and supporting each other, rather than feeling threatened and sabatoging. Maybe it's about maturing and gaining self-confidence. Whatever it is, let's keep it going!
I'm glad you're one of 'em. Chicks before Dicks!

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TD -- I think I was behind these women on the street today!! It made me grin to see them.

And they were so easy to knock down. With all the ice, they had no chance of catching up to me.

Bonus: there was a ton of change in their purses.

11:13 PM  
Blogger tara d. said...

reule - same here. i mean, generally, i'm all for friends supporting friends, there's nothing better than true pals. more great friendships!

sniffs, as i had imagined, you are dead inside.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter
« chicago blogs »
<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->