Friday, January 05, 2007

moon over my hammies

you guys, i think i did something bad to my back/hamstros.

in new year mode, i redesigned my room to have the bed away from the windows, which now has suddenly transformed my room into "adult". i talked to roommate tim about this, and he's with me. what is it about having your bed out of a corner that makes you 45?

anyway, when i was moving stuff around, i got agressive with my dad's old heavbot desk, and YOW!, i am in pain. i went to the gym the last two days to stretch and jog and strengthen, but nothing is helping... not ibuprof, not rest, not noth. luckily, on-again-off-again (we can joke about this, right?...right? OH GOD) boyf rich got me a deep-tish massage for c-mas. yes! usually, i'd save that for a real rainy day, but due to circs, i'm using it after one more attempt stretching at the gym this morning.

any other home remedies i should know about?

4 Comments:

Blogger christine said...

Tara you are like a grandma now! I imagine the two twin beds of my grandparents both with spaces on either side.

anyway, I hope the deep tissue massage will do the trick...you can also try to "schedule" the ibu - 800mg (4tabs) 4 times a day for a week regardless of how painful the hambos are...but the name of the game really is rest.

But since rest is so unreasonable for your lifestyle.....you can try "icy hot" before you workout - rub it in and then as you sweat it gets hot! Beautiful stuff

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Tom said...

I like deep-tish pizza.

That's a lie. That crap you people eat in Chicago is like a casserole. A casserole made of butter. Blech. OV-ER-RA-TED (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)

4:51 PM  
Blogger Rance Rizzutto said...

Get really angry, hulk out. When you awaken somewhere with torn jeans you will feel better.

12:41 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

tom, everybody. having absolutely nothing to do with anything. but i do like the use of "tish", always.

you're speaking my lang.

thank you guys for the help. chrissy, that really did the trick, and so did the massage. i woke up yesterday and my knee was f-ed now. i mean, BAD. what the fuck?

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter
« chicago blogs »
<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->