Wednesday, December 27, 2006

christmas: the day

i love my family.
we've all had a really fun time together while i've been home. can i just say how awesome it is to be home for 6 days? it rules. it's so nice to not have to rush visiting, and just sort of live as i would here. i've seen lots of my bros and their girlfs, lots of my mom, and lots of my nephs and niece. in the past year or two, christmas has changed for us a lot. it's nice to see the day, though different, is still super fun.

this year, my mom cooked the proverbial roast beast (rib roast au jus; come on) and we had our traditional meal after plowing through santa's bounty. i got a video iPod (way to go, Sant!), lots of stuff from Old Navy including America's softest scarf, and giftcards. pretty rule-city. i clothed the fam in Bears stuff and got them treats from the city as well - Intelligentsia coffee and the like. awesome.

my nephews went apesh*t to see that they got guitar hero II from my mom. just apesh*t. this is a game that is minimally fun to watch, but my nephs are so good at it, it's really impressive. i mean, expert level y'all. take that, Trogdor. take that, Heart in a Box.

what i like about c-mas is not only the lovin', but the fun dozing afterwards, hearing kids play with presents all day while you sit in a coma of red wine and wassail. wassail, right? you guys have wassail? yep.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear that this Guitar Hero stuff means as much to the current generation as PaRappa meant to you and I, Tara.

1:09 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

I have no idea what that is.

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can you say that after all that the three of us have been through together?

10:06 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

i had to look this up on wikipedia. what the h? i feel like i've never heard of it.

you rappin' GOOD!

10:42 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

you bet it is! heismo, y'all.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter
« chicago blogs »
<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->