Thursday, April 06, 2006

Surprise. It's Columbus.

the above is an actual slogan that the columbus chamber of commerce thought up for the tourism bureau. unbelievable. Surprise. It's Columbus reaches heights unparalleled by other cities in my mind, both because i don't get what it means, and secondly, it's so underexcited. hey. surprise. it's columbus. z. are you surprised? there's things here. i guess. are you still reading?

tomorrow (today), very early, i leave for a short but sweet trip home to columbo. i am so excited to go home. comedysportz is doing a touring show at denison university, about 45 minutes or so away from my fam. i'm going home a day early and meeting the CSz crew at the airport on friday for the show that evening, returning to Chicagski saturday morno.

i am so homesick. i am uber-excited to go home, albeit a short escape. i always eagerly anticipate going home, but now it's gotten even harder to get there. i love it. i'm taking it every chance i can get.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The uninspired slogan of Columbus reminds me of the most counter-productive, ill-conceived motto for an institution of higher learning I've ever heard.

The slogan for Wingate University is:

"Do your education here!"

I guess "We got good book-learnin'!" and "Smart = Us" must have been the runners-up.

Please see for yourself if you don't believe me, at www.wingate.edu

1:08 AM  
Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

I'm a big fan of my hometown's slogan: "Jerseyville - Close to the crowd, but not in it."

I guess it is close enough to commute to St. Louis but is not much of a town itself?

Anyway, have a great trip home. Heard you leave this morno but didn't have a chance to say goodbye. Hey, maybe our Internet won't suck as much when you get back.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can feel the T vibe moving closer to the Nati! Everything's sunnier and abbrev-ier! Maybe next time you can make it all the way down here or Rich & I can meet you someplace for L.

10:53 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

tom - that is the best. what is WRONG with people?!

timbo: maybe YOU won't suck as much when i get back.

aaawwwww, snap!

meg- i'd love that so much. i don't know how the hell, since i always fly in now... but if you ever can make it to columbus, we'll do it. also, COME TO CHICAGO!

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to get Rich to try that $1 bus fare to Chicago. I'll definitely let you know!

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter
« chicago blogs »
<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->