Wednesday, March 29, 2006

stunt double

my internal wig outs this week have nearly outnumbered my sane moments- but after a nice night of sleep, some sopranos watchin', just general quiet time on monday, i feel like a new woman.

yesterday after two rehearsals, a friend and i went to grab dinner. i noticed my leg felt funny when i bumped it as i hopped in the booth. i pulled my pants-leg up and saw a ring of huge new bruises on my right calf, and when i got home, i curiously rolled up my left to reveal another track line of the same.

our director at SC gave me and another woman an archived scene called Wheelchair. in one of the coolest moves ever, this scene was written for two dudes, but he thought we could pull it off. not just cool for us, but has been sort of viewed in the building as a progressive leap; "a female Wheelchair? that's awesome!" is something i've heard more than once this week.

ah, but the bruises. i got cast in the scott adsit part, which is undoubtedly physical and has one severe moment. after really hurting myself twice but not wanting to lose the role, we altered a fall that still works as well and doesn't risk head injury. secretly, i like it... but the bruises, yikes.

dying is easy, comedy is hard.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

"Wheelchair" is one of the funniest f-ing scenes ever. Watching Adsit and Jon Glaser perform it for a year was an honor and a privilege. Nice twist to chage the gender and, frankly, to even put it in the R.O. at all. I don't think I've seen anyone do it since "Pinata." Milk that funny, TD.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter
« chicago blogs »
<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->