Sunday, December 30, 2007

rocktober - the first half

now, october was a month of a lot for me, but
for the life of me-hee, i can not remember
(RIP, verve pipe)
much - and i think some of that is selective memory. a lot of tough heart-breaky things were starting to happen by the end of this month - and additionally, tourco life changed a TON almost overnight for our company. how's that for teasers?

in touring life, for the first two weeks, i only had one SC show in Naperville, IL - a major change from the month before two weeks in. this gave me lots of time for lunches with pals, csz, and a couple DelTones shows at iO, all of which were really fun. and sleep - i got to sleep some.

in the first two weeks and beyond, however, i watched a shit-ton of baseball - i mean like, a shit-ton - while my friend chrissy was in town to apply for a position in oak park. that was the greatest, that part. amy, tara, chrissy and i watched our loved cubbies take a major nose-dive, which ate one, but chrissy and i also rooted on our beloved sox*, which had a much more desirable outcome. uh ohhhh! spoiler alert! if you have a time machine!
*my family almost disowned me for this picture, even though they knew it was coming. sorry, defrans, cleveland is two hours away. give me a break.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tom Garrett said...

Cleveland is two hours away.

How many hours away is Boston?

Just kidding. Go Sox.

(Spoiler alert: We win the World Series again in 2008.)

12:12 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

hey, i didn't grow up liking the Indians, that's for sure. i grew up liking boston and the cubs, both of which had no rhyme or reason. wahoo gave me the heebs for looking like a mammy doll, and i felt wrong supporting the team. i know, i know, i love cleveland. but... sorry. and i even lived in cinci for a while, two hours from home as well - and, besides the big red machine era? - well, i can't get on board.

also, there was nothing more badass than beckett trouncing them post the girlfriend/anthem debacle.

you can't help who you love, people.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Tom Garrett said...

You don't have to justify your love of the Red Sox to me. I was just busting your chops.

I enjoyed the sentence "Wahoo gave me the heebs for looking like a mammy doll," because, out of context, it could potentially offend three different ethnic groups.

On an unrelated note, I know all the words to "Hail to the Redskins." And we're going to the playoffs.

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got no idea how the baseball works; it's just Not cricket.

I've got a question though...just how long does it take to cross state lines over there? I know you have 50 and all but in Australia ( where we have five states and two 'territories') it would take me ten hours of driving just to come across a border. No wonder I've only been interstate twice!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter
« chicago blogs »
<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->