Tuesday, February 28, 2006

HARPO(ist) Studios

i watch oprah every morning. every single morning, pretty much. i have mixed emotions about this, but i think oprah is more good than evil; anyway, it's a nice part of my morning routine.

refusing to think i am one of the masses, i am watching it with narrative amazement. today is one of those various-theme shows, a mixed bag of loose ties, video, and guests. just now, there is a classical harp player on, and oprah casually mentioned that she listens to track one of this dude's cd every day. the song is a base-line of harp accompanied by three women and a soulful male lead who sings "The Lord is my Shep" (Psalm 23, I think?) over the plunking. this guy has no idea that his life is going to explode in the next day by the cult of oprahs who will now flood barnes and nob and amazon for their new addiction to harpin'.

but what about me? i've also been convinced i need a non-teflon stock pan (addressed), that a burger sounds delicious even though it is 9:54am and i don't really eat red meat (eaten), and that i should start watching grey's anatomy because mcdreamy is mcdreamy (true).

see, but i KNOW i'm being duped. right? right?
oh god, please tell me i'm not one of these women. i need to reee-lax! where's my harp cd?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is less a "blog entry" than a "cry for deprogramming."

You are sheep. Snap out of it.

11:12 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

YOU'RE RIGHT!

oh god, he's right!
tommy, deprogram me!

i'll do that if you start taking tips for yourself from my blog every-d. i've decided you love me in orange, you hate edamame, and if you could punch someone, it'd be sinbad (no reason, not even Houseguest).

new tips everyday!

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? What just happened?

I miss Don Knotts already.

1:26 PM  
Blogger tara d. said...

i'm programming you. i'm turning the tables. maybe if i take the reigns it won't be too bad.

i miss him too.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My stupidity will be an insurmountable obstacle in your efforts to program me, I'm afraid. For example, I literally had to look up was "edamame" is, and I'm still not sure I understand it.

Such is life for a high-functioning autistic savant.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Zach said...

Show me your tips!

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter
« chicago blogs »
<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->