Friday, February 17, 2006

iii'm aa-a-aaa morning person! (bang)*

this morning i had a tech with SC for our away show in grand rapids, MI next week. it's my first scripted gig with them, and the tech was helpful and nice. i was the only one in the cast who hadn't yet done a scripted show for them (i've done two improv shows), so it was slightly jarring because of the pacing, tops and bottoms, and scrambling running orders. seeing something a million times before you do it doesn't mean it's all the way locked in, though it certainly helps. it felt more like an "event" than improv gigs can tend to, though, who are we kidding? it's all gravy, as they say. who says that? scripts are fun, though. the client saw the show and laughed a lot, which was very encouraging. neat.

(*sidebar: for anyone who has seen this blackout, shad sings and i'm the gun-fire-er, and holy god, that thing is loud!)

lots of shows this weekend: did sound last night at csz, even though i still had a coldski. tonight i have iO with merman at 8pm, and tomorrow i have both the 8 and 10 csz show. tomorrow morning, too, some of us are on a csz4charity gig at ronald mcdonald house. charity via improv?: one of the best things out there. such a neat way to give back.

what's your weekend like?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like loud noises. I think that's the high-functioning autistic in me.

11:59 PM  
Blogger tara d. said...

high = questionable.

ask joey about the awakenings game.

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fine. I'm a questionable-functioning autistic. Fair enough.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll get back to rocking back and forth.

11:58 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

i don't get it.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rythmic rocking, like aversion to certain types of sensory input such as touching or loud noises, is a sign of autism.

I was suggesting that I was autistic, and, therefore, needed to return to my stereotypically-autistic behavior forthwith.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to ignoring the Winter Olympics.

4:57 PM  
Blogger tara d. said...

nope, nope, still don't get it.

12:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah! I'm no match for your quippery. So be it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must return to deciding whether or not I have a crush on Hannah Teter.

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter
« chicago blogs »
<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->