Wednesday, February 01, 2006

area 52

hold up, y'all. a few friends of mine threw a team together at iO last night, and MAN,
it
was
fun.

retelling improv bits is equivalently boring to me as the you-had-to-be-there story, so i'll be quick: at one point, amongst other gems, we all found a way to walk on to a scene and organically get all the elements of the beginning of "Push It" into a scene between two chatting people at a restaurant [the shaker sound, saying "Ooh baby, baby" repeatedly to nursing baby, "Salt and Pepper's here" from waiter, clanking of dishes] and keep it running. it was maybe one of my top ten favorite moments of improv to be in.

thanks to the new rag-tag crew - bland, prouty, rizzutto, moffitt, kosinski, and waltien - for all the fun.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't there last night, and, when I read it, I had no idea Bland was involved. But as I read the line "Salt and Pepper's here," it was Joey's voice saying it in my head.

Am I right?

As an aside, his skill at five things is borderline-clairvoyant.

As an aside to my previous aside, I love saying things like "borderline-clairvoyant."

8:03 PM  
Blogger tara d. said...

you know what? i don't have a firm grasp on who did what, but i think he was that guy that came out later with salt-n'-pepper's-here. i was "ooh baby baby", someone was "get up on this", rance was salt shaker noise... hmm.

1:02 AM  
Blogger Hixx said...

That sounds hilarious! I wish I had seen that.

9:17 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

hi hixx!!! how are you?

next time, next time. maybe we can just quit improv and open a satellite branch of stomp.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter
« chicago blogs »
<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->