Sunday, October 23, 2005

strep tea-s

constant fluctuation between hot, temperate, and cold has finally urged on a cold. it sucks, but it was inevitable; it seems like everyone in the world has something - both when in mississipp and back home here, all people i've been surrounded by are sickpuss. it was only a matter of time.

so, i'm nursing it, and it's the perfect day to be sick here in chicago - cold, overcast, and rainy. but there's a problem: in conjunction with taking medicine, i've always wanted to like tea. i mean, i want it bad!, but i HATE it. green and black tea? the worst offenders: it makes me want to lick the dirt to get the taste off my mouf. chamomile? nursing homes smell funny, and so does this. red zinger? no can do - i dyed my hair with it in seventh grade, and the stench haunted me for days.

i've always fancied myself a girl that might make a cup of tea to sleep, to curl up and read with. just now, i made an organic mango citrus, and this may be my best so far. i can also stomach all things mint.

please help me enjoy tea.
signed,
The Republic of _ _ _

6 Comments:

Blogger Rance Rizzutto said...

I like Lemon zinger. It's about the only tea I like.

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate tea too, but recently I discovered the yumminess that is Chai. Yes, it's very trendy right now so you're not allowed to order one at Starbucks (says me), but you can find it in tea bags in the supermarket. Add lots of milk and one Splenda tab. Mmm, tastes like Christmas!

3:00 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

rance, you just like zinger because it has the word zing in it. that might be something i'd like...

hows, i don't like chai. technically, you're right - it's so dressed up, that i should like it, just like i should like seafood with things that cover taste on them. i think it, believe it or not, is one of the tea-ier teas. i served it for a year straight when i worked at intelligentsia. that was a fun job, despite coming home and smelling like a tea factory.

keep 'em comin'.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chamomile tea tastes like a mildewed washcloth.

9:17 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

meg, you and i, again, have seen eye to eye.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Have you tried a Long Island Iced Tea? That's a pretty good one. I've never found the taste to be off putting past the second or third. While we're on the topic of myself being a lush for a cold I, at the ripe old age of 20 and all the wisdom that bestows, suggest a Hot Toddy. You get a special prize for being the 12th bloggite I've suggested that to.

- Scott

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter
« chicago blogs »
<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->