Thursday, October 20, 2005

nightswimming

this evening, for a while, i was completely silent.

it was beautiful here today - 80 degrees, not a cloud in the sky. tonight, instead of doing much, i went down to the pool and finished my book. no one was out there for most of the time i was. it was the first time - in a long time -that i've been truly quiet, just silent.

i fall asleep to the tv. i am constantly listening to people talk. or performing onstage, or leading workshops, or passingtheclap, or laughing, or listening to white noise of some kind. even my thinking feels like someone's talking, a constant inner monologue of scriptstowrite and whattosaynexts.

but tonight, i lowered my ears under the water for a bit, so all i could hear was the current pulsing through the water, which sounded remarkably like a jet passing overhead. i heard geese honking, flying by. i heard crickets. i heard nothing.

it felt like time slowed down for a little bit.
it ruled.

<---also, something seemed really funny to me about this sign.

10 Comments:

Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

Ha ha! That sign is hi-larious!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

No underwater yoga allowed. None. Stop asking. (Also no diving.)

That's my interpretation of the sign in question.

- Scott

P.S. WAMFUB. Onamatapea from the 70's live action Batman episode entitled "The Battle of the Bulge" or word verification word? You decide!

12:54 AM  
Blogger Zach said...

Wow, that's some nice tile in that pool.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Lindberg said...

Wait? Tara showing her tig ole' bitties off? GASP!

(collapse)

12:52 PM  
Blogger tara d. said...

aw, you guys are right - i'm a whore.

if by whore, you mean the opps.

hey, it's a part of my b.

and now it's a part of lindberg's screensaver.

4:17 PM  
Blogger tara d. said...

p.s., those aren't mine.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Lindberg said...

Are they not yours? Is that face yours? I thought both were.

Part of my screensaver? Yes...yes it is.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Zach said...

Whore? Did you do that tile work? Don't be modest. It's good. No shame in bragging. I wish my backsplash in my kitchen looked that good. It's my screen saver as well.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Lindberg said...

Totally yours! Look at the hand! and the nail polish, from a pic before! COME ON! What do you take us for SAPS!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Zach said...

Eric, please. They're clearly floatation devices. I barely noticed them for the tile work.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter
« chicago blogs »
<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->