Sunday, September 02, 2007

laborious days

it's funny; life has sort of changed.

touring has picked up quite a bit, and as i look back in my last few weeks here, i can't remember much that i've done but be at sc and rehearse for sc and travel to and from sc and... well, you get it.


i'm worried a bit, just about the state of disconnect which is inevitable while touring. i've traveled for work before - corporate comedy, the like, but this is a whole new ballgame. i am one who thrives in the comfort of these awesome friendships i've landed and having community really appeals to me. csz, io, seeing my own actual real family - all those things are sort of forced by the wayside due to a very busy month ahead, just for now. i think i just have to treat it like work in order to get through - a busy work month instead of a life change that will tank all interpersonal relatios.

as september hit yesterday, i already began the hunt for hours for myself and for others back home to squeeze in the quality time. it feels sort of like when you start school again - the wrap up of man-that-was-fun!s started as the weather dropped, and i've started to say keep in touch to my talented, everywhere-travelin' friends again. i hate that only few days remain of summer. my biggest hope is that there's only more time.

see you next year.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll miss yooooou!

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did you orchestrate such a beauts pic? Will you M me?

7:04 PM  
Blogger Jenny Wynter said...

Heya, so glad I've stumbled across your blog (and before you wonder, no, I'm not one of those freaky spammers who just tells you that and then recommends medication you don't need.)

I'm a comedian and improviser from Australia, I've just made the move to Canada for a while. Do you ever tour up around this way? I'm definitely planning on getting to Chicago sometime this year anyway, so who knows? Maybe we'll hook up in real life sometime. I did some training with Second City last year and caught up with the mainstage guys in Las Vegas. Nutty.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I'll definitely be back to your blog!

Take care and keep on rocking. :-)

9:50 PM  
Blogger tara d. said...

will i m you? this is the nicest - and funniest thing - i've ever heard.

11:16 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

jenny wynter! hi! wow, nice to meet you. there is a small chance we ARE heading to australia, believe it or not... but nothing in canada right now. if you have any questions about the city or want some help around, let me know.

love it.
welcome.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter
« chicago blogs »
<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->