Thursday, November 09, 2006

roach motel

hey! you really wanna scare me?
like, beyond almost anything?

put me face to antennae with a roach.

i saw one crawling in our family room yesterday and i froze. this fear is my biggest, biggest fear (even over racism!). for some reason, i have a truly gutteral reaction and have like, sweaty palms and terrortowns.

luckily, i've never seen one before in the two years i've lived in my apt, so it's probably a fluke. a fluke, right? right guys? an exterminator came tonight and sprayed the S outta the joint, so i have high hopes.

also, since i was alone, what did i do? i turned a glass candle upside down over it and trapped the poor little guy. i then begged my roommates to do something with it, via whiteboard, since i was running out the door. this maintains my longstanding era of not killing any bug since i was 8.

putting a hit on a bug via roommates doesn't count.

7 Comments:

Blogger tara d. said...

no, i feel pretty secure on this one.

i'm nervo!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Miss Construed... said...

From what I know about cockroaches (and that ain't a whole lot) they don't like the colder weather a great deal- over here in Aus as soon as the weather turns warm the little nasties even begin flying around- and spraying them with bug spray only seems to make them fly straight for you! It's the absolute worst experience to have a cockroach flying around the room- I scream the house down whenever it happens!

Maybe the weather in Chicago is a blessing in disguise!

7:13 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

holy s, they fly there?

i'm sudden;y way more thankful. only thing worse than a cockroach is one that can wing up to yourFACE!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait a second ... you just left the roach for your roommates to cleanup? lame.

10:29 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

i know this is my roommate.
they deserved it. all of them.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

I certainly didn't type that. I sign my complaints. And I was only too happy to stomp on that thing. It was a satisfying squish.

But deserved it? Harsh, td.

12:32 PM  
Blogger tara d. said...

brotha, you know i be fakin'!

...that thing was huge.

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter
« chicago blogs »
<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->