Thursday, August 03, 2006

merry maids

my room is a sty.
i don't know when this happened - i think it just did, between being away a bunch and having lots of gigs... having a sick kitts to tend to (more on this later) and working from home. what has happened? it bugs.

usually, my room in disarray means i am also in disarray. in adult life, i've been much better about keeping things neat than in teenage spazdom, but i still just have too much stuff. how do you get rid of too much stuff? i mean, truly, too much? when nothing seems appropriate to truly get rid of?

any ideas?
on make sentiment less sentimental?
throwing away letters, notes, little presents, stories of where you've been?

i know it's not within this stuff; it's just not something i've mastered.

packratzio.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rance Rizzutto said...

Anytime I need to get rid of stuff I just put it in the back of my car ;)

10:28 AM  
Blogger eileen said...

I threw away all of the envelopes and kept the cards and letters. It saved some space.

4:16 PM  
Blogger tara d. said...

rance = douche-b
eileen = smartsies

9:52 AM  
Blogger Miss Construed... said...

I can never bring myself to throw that stuff away- I have stuff from grade school still stashed!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Brandi. said...

I, too, don't get rid of anything. My solution: huge tupperware boxes and perpetual embarrassment over the state of my closet.

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter
« chicago blogs »
<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->