Monday, July 04, 2005

the news, huey lewis and

get your jealousy hats on.
after a long day of parade-watching & cookout having with fam & kids, my uncle and aunt came by and snagged my mom for some MORE fireworks in Dublin. Dublin is a neighboring 'burb that has a huge public high school that is pretty posh, a rival of the high school i would've gone to if i hadn't gone to Cath School instead. my uncle/aunt/mom were pretty into the fireworks, because each year they have some band that will generally appeal to the masses to proceed the event. this year, Huey Lewis and the News were going to be playing until the fireworks started.

my brother Vince and i got there much later, around 9, but H.L. and said News were still going strong. earlier, when we heard word that Huey was around tonight, my brothers, sis-in-law and i sat around and proudly sang as many hits as we could, including "If This Is It", "Power of Love", "Back in Time", "Workin' for a Livin'", "I Want a New Drug", "Stuck with You", etc. See? you had no idea there were so many. which is exactly why we got there with Huey-time to spare. it was worth it. he even sang that one song from Duets, sans Gwyneth, but with back-up lady.
jeeeealous?
STILL, no?
...
um, also... i banged 3 members of the News!
(not true, but wouldn't that be a story?)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to be a renegade, I used to fool around
But I couldn't take the punishment, and had to settle down
Now I'm playing it real straight, and yes I cut my hair
You might think I'm crazy, but I don't even care
Because I can tell what's going on
It's hip to be square


Oh, how I love thee google.

2:53 PM  
Blogger tara d. said...

simply said = 20,000 people can't be wrong.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Timmy Tapeworm said...

"Oh my God, I'm missing the news!"

"We all miss the news, Meg. But Huey Lewis needs time to create. We have to learn to be patient."

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you banged the News. That sounds like a CNN violation of some sorts. God Bless. :)

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter
« chicago blogs »
<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->