Monday, June 06, 2005

boomboomboom

take a time out.
i'm listening to a mix cd, and the song "boom boom boom" is on it.
not "boom boom boom, let's go back to my room"; or even "we like the cars, the cars that go boom". but the 96-ish classic that goes "boomboomboom, let me hear you say way-oh! (way-oh!)".

in this trendy, seemingly harmless song, we hear the following...
(Ow, I came to)
Make you shake it/Till you break it/Caress your body until you're naked
Bend you over/Grab your shoulder/Slip my peter inside your folder
Make you sweat-ah/Get you wet-ah/Pump it faster to make it bett-ah
Dim the the lights then lock the room
'Cause now it's time for me to hit that boom!

None of this bothers me except the following:
SLIP MY PETER INSIDE YOUR FOLDER?
THAT IS BAR NONE, ONE OF THE DUMBEST METAPHORS EVER.
but, please use this line with me. it will always work.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, i may know the folks who made that cd... and td, you are right the peter / folder combo is not okay with me. the worst part though, is that everyone who came to the wedding got a cd... including my confirmation mentor who is 80 years old. did they say stuff like that back in the day? or was it more of the dong / envelope nature?

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am proud/glad/honored to be invited to read your blog. Okay, less of an invite but more of a CC: on an email.

I see you three times or more a week in person but still can't get enough TD.

Peter in your folder? Psh, more like your trapper keeper.

Indeed.
-pg

3:38 PM  
Blogger tara d. said...

oh, anonymous, i think your name might be tracy. an 80 year old is shakin' it to that song right now... well, weirder things have happened (see: rapping granny in the wedding singer).

10:36 AM  
Blogger tara d. said...

blackdog, you RULE. thanks for coming by. now my dream of you meeting all my other friends from home and beyond is coming true.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Web Site Counter
« chicago blogs »
<-- ? In MY Opinion # -->